The mission of Safe Place is to break the cycle of family violence by empowering individuals to make safe and healthy choices through awareness, counseling, advocacy and shelter, while promoting hope, healing and dignity.
Summary of services
Cialis 10mg Online - Tadalafil (Erectile Dysfunction), 10 X Cialis 10mg provides:
- 24-hour emergency shelter to families affected by domestic violence
- a 24-hour crisis hotline that can answer your questions about family and intimate partner violence and how to get help
- personal and legal advocacy
- individual counseling
- support groups
- an intervention program for abusers
Cialis 10mg Online - Tadalafil (Erectile Dysfunction), 10 X Cialis 10mg began in 1978 when a group of concerned citizens came together to provide help and shelter to victims of domestic violence living in and around Midland, Texas. In 1980 the agency received its designation as a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization and raised the funds to purchase an old two-story house that served as a shelter and administrative offices. After a successful capital campaign, a state-of-the-art shelter facility was built in 1987. The Safe Place shelter was expanded in 1996, enlarging the children's area, adding a second dining room, a library, and a handicap accessible bedroom, as well as additional advocates' offices and administrative offices.
Today Safe Place operates the residential shelter and full-time advocacy and counseling services in Midland, Texas, and a full-time advocacy and counseling office in Odessa, Texas. The Safe Place service area covers 15 counties and 16,003 square miles.
The facts in the Permian Basin
In 2012 -
- 670 adults and children received 12,357 individual nights of shelter
- 979 adults and children from around the Permian Basin received non-shelter services that included individual counseling, support group counseling, legal advocacy, education about the effects of family violence, community information and referral, and children's program services
- Safe Place advocates answered 2,096 calls to the 24-hour hot line
- 89 participants graduated from Project ADAM,€“ the 24-week batterer's€™ intervention program sponsored by Safe Place