Safe Place is looking for compassionate individuals who have a desire to help people, make a difference, and seek an opportunity to use their skills. We offer many volunteer opportunities in each of our program areas listed below.
Volunteers interested in working directly with our clients are required to participate in a one hour domestic violence awareness training.
Volunteer areas -
- Children's Program
- Community Education
- Court Accompaniment
- Shelter Services
- 24-Hour Crisis Hotline
- Project ADAM
- Clerical Support
- Special Projects and Events
For more information about any of these opportunities, please fill out the email inquiry form and click on the Send button.
In-kind DonationsThroughout the year, there are frequent opportunities for you to make a difference in the lives of the families we serve:
- With your in-kind gifts, you provide for the immediate needs of the women and children who seek safe shelter.
- When you host a "Safe Place Shower," you reach out to families who are using our transitional services to build abuse-free lives.
"Shower" Safe Place
Any time of year your group or organization can host a "shower" to collect items for a specific need or holiday.
Please contact the Volunteer/Donations Coordinator before you host your shower to ensure you are working with the most current list of shelter needs.
(432) 522-7202 voice • (432) 570-5315 fax
* Please call the Volunteer/Donations Coordinator to schedule a time to drop off your in-kind donations. Donation drop-offs can be scheduled Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
In-kind wish lists
Click on the links below to view and print our current Wish List.